Summer is here, and with it comes a fresh batch of fashion trends that are sure to elevate your wardrobe. These trends have been heavily influenced by the collections showcased in the four major fashion cities: New York, London, Milan, and Paris. Although these collections are unveiled to fashion insiders months in advance, they only start to impact clothing options across all price ranges once the season officially kicks off.
Designers have the freedom to experiment with their creations, but they are often swayed by external factors that affect their creative process. This can result in shared elements between collections, which can have a significant impact on mainstream style trends for the season.
Interestingly, instead of changing dramatically every six months, many of last season’s most popular trends have evolved and remained for summer 2023, with updated silhouettes and colors that are set to become wardrobe essentials for the near future.
Even straight-to-market brands are paying close attention to fashion week collections, using them to identify the key trends that will define mainstream style tastes for the season. Regardless of whether you prefer high-end designer labels or more budget-friendly options, there are plenty of opportunities to incorporate the latest fashion trends into your summer wardrobe. So why not take advantage of these new looks and give your closet a seasonal update that will keep you stylish and on-trend?
Latest 25 Fashion Trends for Girls in 2023
As we move into the summer season, it’s time to start thinking about refreshing our wardrobes with some new season styles. While classic staples will always have a place in our closets, incorporating items that align with the summer fashion trends of 2023 will ensure that our outfits feel fresh and on-trend.
We’ve sifted through the latest spring/summer fashion shows to bring you the top fashion trends to watch out for this year. While each designer has their unique style, we noticed some key themes that we expect to see reflected in straight-to-market collections and popular fashion trends. Here are 25 fashion trends of 2023 that you should have on your radar for the summer season:
1. Baggy (and Baggier) Jeans
This summer, denim trends are taking a turn towards looser, more relaxed fits, with baggy jeans emerging as a popular style among designers. This trend has been seen on the runways of top brands such as Bottega Veneta and Tibi, indicating that it is here to stay for the foreseeable future. In contrast to the popular skinny jeans of the past, these baggy jeans offer a more comfortable and laid-back style that is perfect for the warmer weather.
- The trend towards baggy jeans means that you can expect to see looser fits and wider legs, creating a more relaxed silhouette that is perfect for casual summer days.
- However, this trend is not just limited to traditional denim fabrics, as designers are experimenting with a range of materials and colors, such as white or pastel shades, to offer a fresh take on the classic style.
- When it comes to styling baggy jeans, it’s all about balance. The key is to pair them with more fitted tops to create a sense of proportion and avoid looking overwhelmed by the volume of the pants.
- For a more fashion-forward look, try tucking a slim-fitting blouse into your baggy jeans and pairing them with some chunky sneakers or sandals.
In conclusion, the baggy jeans trend is a comfortable and stylish option for this summer season. From traditional denim fabrics to pastel colors, there are plenty of variations to choose from, so find a pair that suits your style and enjoy the laid-back vibes of this trend.
2. PURPLE HUES
Purple hues were a major trend in 2022 and are set to continue to be popular in 2023. Pastel colors were a standout trend at New York Fashion Week, and among them, pastel purple was a particular favorite. Designers like Carolina Herrera and Sies Marjan showcased beautiful lavender dresses and pantsuits, while Zimmermann and Tibi presented soft lilac hues.
- Pastel purple is a fresh and delicate color that is perfect for spring and summer, and it pairs well with other pastel shades as well as neutrals like white and beige.
- These deeper hues paired well with lighter lavender pieces for a tonal ensemble. Lilac was not only popular in casual separates but also in occasionwear, with designers such as Pamella Roland and Dennis Basso showcasing lilac cocktail dresses.
- Lavender and lilac hues are expected to continue to be popular through fall and winter, making them a good investment.
- To add a new twist to the tassel trend for partywear, keep an eye out for silver beaded and tulle iterations. These embellishments add a touch of glamour and sophistication to any outfit, perfect for a night out or special occasion.
- Tonal ensembles that pair lilac with deeper purples, as seen at Ulla Johnson, are also a fashionable option. And for a sporty twist, consider rain-ready jackets and sleek sweatshirts in the palest of purples for an androgynous look.
3. Polished Pinstripes
Pinstripes are not just for the boardroom anymore in 2023, as designers are using this classic print in fresh and feminine ways. Pinstripes are versatile, making them a great addition to any wardrobe.
- Designers such as Rose Assoulin have been creating unique and edgy pieces by adding feminine touches to masculine print. They’ve created pinstripe dresses that look like two pieces but are one, which offer a powerful yet elegant mix.
- For a more traditional look, pinstripe blazers are a great addition to a work wardrobe, adding a touch of sophistication to any outfit. Pinstripe pants can also be dressed up or down.
- For a casual yet chic look, pair them with a cami for a night out. Pinstripes are flattering on all body types and have a slimming effect that elongates the body.
- Pinstripes have been given a new lease on life, being seen in a more versatile and feminine light.
So, whether you’re heading to the office or out for the night, pinstripes are a trend to watch out for in 2023.
4. TASSEL DETAILS
Tassel detailing is a trend that is here to stay for summer 2023. This trend, which began in 2022, has been reinvented for this year’s runways. Dresses and party pieces have been adorned with tassels, giving them a fully fringed makeover that is hard to resist.
- Fringe detailing is ideal for the summer season as it adds depth and movement to any outfit. The trend was seen in a variety of levels of fringing, with full and dramatic fringing at PatBo and Bronx & Banco, and softer and more relaxed iterations at Proenza Schouler and Ulla Johnson.
- The tassel detailing trend is not only for boho styles anymore, but it has also been elevated to a glam look for 2023.
- This trend has become a favorite of the style set, with fashion stylist and editor Antonia Kraskowski explaining that tassels and fringing are an excellent way to add drama to a look for spring. This trend can be taken as far as one fancy, from subtle fringing on skirts and knits to full-blown flapper-inspired dresses.
- Fringed dresses are a must-have in the summer wardrobe for 2023. This trend is all about adding drama to your look with lots of metallic hues and thick layers of fringing.
- The fringes should be layered on top of bodycon silhouettes to create a party-ready aesthetic that will sway as you move. From subtle fringing on skirts and knits to full-blown flapper-inspired dresses, there are various options to choose from.
- For party wear, silver beaded and tulle iterations are a great way to add a new twist to the trend. Overall, the fringe trend is ideal for dancing or sunny breaks as it adds depth and movement to every item of clothing
Tasseled finishes will also elevate any poolside ensemble, from the best beach cover-ups to the latest swim styles.
5. Supersized Blazers
Supersized blazers are set to be one of the most talked-about fashion trends for spring/summer 2023. This look is all about taking the traditional blazer and making it even bigger and bolder.
- Designers like Luar and Coach showcased oversized blazers on the runway, proving that suiting can be both stylish and comfortable.
- The key to nailing this trend is to balance the proportions by pairing the blazer with slim-fit bottoms, like classic jeans or coordinating trousers.
- This allows the oversized blazer to be the statement piece of the outfit. When it comes to styling, you can opt for a monochromatic look or mix and match different colors and textures for a more daring approach.
Whether you’re dressing for work or play, the supersized blazer trend is versatile enough to suit any occasion. It’s a perfect addition to your summer wardrobe and a great way to add a touch of sophistication to any outfit.
6. LACE AND LASER CUTTING
The fashion trend for 2023 showcases lace detailing and intricate laser cutting. These styles are perfect for spring and summer as the lighter fabric and cut-out details complement warm weather.
- This trend combines traditional craftsmanship with new technology, resulting in lush lace and intricate laser cutting.
- This style comes in a range of colors, from classic white to bold pinks and blues, making it suitable for evening and occasion wear. It is an excellent investment for engagement parties or weddings this year.
- To rock this trend, look out for lace shirts that add a feminine twist to tailoring. Pair them with well-tailored blazers for a softer finish. Laser-cut dresses are ideal for wedding guests or races in 2023. They embody the romanticism of lace but with a modern finish. Lace skirts are also a great way to add a romantic feel to any outfit. Opt for large lace over vintage-inspired styles to give a more modern direction to your look.
7. FROTHY AND FEATHERY
One of the fashion trends for 2023 is romance and texture with frothy tulle and feathery detailing. From voluminous tulle dresses at Siriano and Molly Goddard to statement hemlines at Herrera, this trend adds drama and femininity to occasion wear.
- Feather trims and detailing are featured on everything from thigh-skimming hems to maxi dresses, while a 1920s-style feathered jacket makes for a luxurious outerwear option.
- This trend embraces a variety of colors, with pastels and bold jewel tones being used to create a fun and decadent look. For those looking to try this trend, opt for A-line or trapeze silhouettes to let the feathered and tulle hemlines do the talking. For an added touch of luxury, try a feathered jacket to elevate your favorite frocks.
- This trend is perfect for summer evenings, adding meringue-like peaks of soft fabric for a twirl-worthy look.
Tulle tiers add to the drama, with Siriano reminding us that when it comes to dresses, bigger is better. Embrace the romance of this trend and turn heads at any summer soiree.
8. RAYS OF SUNSHINE
As we approach the summer season, the fashion trend for 2023 is all about embracing the warmth and brightness of the sun with the color yellow. The runways of New York Fashion Week were awash with sunshine shades, from the sharp suiting of Gabriela Hearst to the occasionwear dresses at Badgley Mischka.
- While yellow can be a tricky color to pull off, there are ways to make it work for everyone. Look for sleek skirts or a yellow bag and keep the color away from your face to make it universally flattering.
- Pairing yellow with neutral tones like cream and beige can create a grown-up take on the trend.
- For summer occasionwear, opt for ladylike silhouettes in yellow hues, such as A-line dresses with well-tailored bodices. Light layers like a bright trench coat can also make rainy days feel a little happier, as seen at Laquan Smith.
- And if you’re not ready for full-on yellow, try bold yellow and white stripes, as seen at Veronica Beard, for an easier way to wear the trend.
In conclusion, yellow is set to be a staple shade for the upcoming season, bringing a much-needed dose of sunshine to our wardrobes and putting a spring in our step.
9. SPORTS LUXE
The Sports Luxe trend is all about comfort and style, making it a perfect option for the summer season. The key to nailing this trend is to balance the sporty elements with elevated pieces.
- The fabrics used in this trend are what bring a luxurious touch to the athletic silhouettes. Tibi showcased silky sweatshirts paired with matching skirts, while Fendi mixed embellished slip skirts with sporty jackets, making for a high-low fashion statement.
- To keep the look polished, it’s important to avoid looking like you just came from the gym. Instead, choose one sporty item and style it with more ready-to-wear pieces. For example, a crop top-style sports bra paired with a blazer or a bomber jacket worn over a dress can give you the fashion elite’s stamp of approval.
- When it comes to outerwear, bomber jackets are a great investment piece that can be worn for the next 12 months. For a more luxurious touch, opt for silky sweatshirts that can be easily paired with jeans or midi skirts.
- Sports jackets are also a must-have for this trend, with half-zip designs and oversized front pockets being the details to look out for.
Overall, the Sports Luxe trend is a great option for those who want to look stylish and feel comfortable at the same time. With the right mix of sporty and elevated pieces, you can take this look from the gym floor to the dance floor.
10. BUBBLE HEMS
The bubble hem is set to make a playful comeback in the summer fashion trends of 2023. This voluminous silhouette adds a touch of drama to any outfit and was seen on the runways in a range of styles, from floral maxi dresses to thigh-skimming minis.
- The bubble hem comes in a variety of colors and was showcased in red carpet-ready styles at Bibhu Mohapatra and Naeem Khan, as well as more casual interpretations at Ulla Johnson and Proenza Schouler.
- While the bubble hem can be a challenging silhouette to wear, it’s all about balance. To avoid looking overwhelmed tucked-in top to highlight your waist and a more tailored top half.
- When choosing a bubble hem skirt, go for textured or high-shine fabrications to make it work for occasion wear.
Overall, the bubble hem is a feminine look that can add a playful touch to any outfit. Thigh hem iterations are perfect for showing off your legs, and pairing them with chunky wedges or sleek plimsolls can give you a fresh feel.
Ruffles are a fashion trend that has been popular for several seasons and they are set to make a comeback in 2023. This feminine trend was seen on the runway at numerous fashion shows, signaling a return to glamour for both day and evening wear. The trend is all about volume, with ruffles adding a sense of decadence and drama to any outfit.
- One way to incorporate ruffles into your wardrobe is by wearing a ruffled skirt. Look for long skirts with vertical ruffles that draw the eye up and down your silhouette. Ruffled shoulders are another way to add this trend to your wardrobe, with appliqued ruffles adding luxurious detailing to casual styles.
- For a workwear wardrobe, a ruffled blouse is a great option. It softens androgynous pieces and adds a touch of femininity to tailored outfits. If you want to step into the ruffle trend gently, opt for smaller ruffle detailing on blouses or skirt hems.
- Ruffles can also add drama to wedding dresses. A fairytale, ruffled dress is a great way to inject this trend into your bridal look. So, if you want to make a statement at your wedding, consider a dress with ruffled detailing.
Overall, ruffles are a fun way to make a style statement, and there are many different ways to incorporate them into your wardrobe. Whether you go big or small, ruffles are a great way to add a touch of femininity and glamour to any outfit.
Florals are a classic print that always makes a comeback during the spring and summer seasons. For the 2023 fashion trends, large-scale and bold bloom prints are taking center stage, as seen in the runway shows of Richard Quinn, Paul & Joe, and Rixo at London Fashion Week.
- The trend is all about bright and punchy hues that give a nod to the dopamine dressing trend that dominated last year, bringing mood-boosting colors to every opportunity.
- Florals are a go-to print for occasions such as weddings, and they offer timeless femininity. It’s a safe bet to invest in florals because they will never go out of style. “For 2023, you can go bigger and bolder than ever before,” says Antonia. The trend is expected to be heavily covered by straight-to-market brands.
- While florals are a spring/summer trend, moody dark bloom prints are expected to come through during the fall season, as seen in the Alberta Ferretti show at Milan Fashion Week 2023 F/W.
- When it comes to incorporating florals into your wardrobe, look out for bold and bright prints, and go for large-scale, repeat patterns on anything from dresses to blouses.
- A floral dress is a safe purchase and one of the best summer dresses, covering you for a host of summer occasions.
13. UNDERWEAR AS OUTERWEAR
The trend of underwear as outerwear has been around for some time now, and it is set to continue in 2023 with a more vintage-inspired twist. This trend is ideal for the warmer months, as it doesn’t provide much warmth, and designers like Erdem and Christopher Kane have put their spin on the look.
- Erdem showcased striking corset detailing paired with full skirts, while Christopher Kane integrated vinyl body braces and lace bra cups with a shapewear feel.
- For those wanting to try this trend, Antonia suggests starting with corset-style tops and bonded bodice dresses. Fit and flare dresses with fitted bodices or corset-style tops and statement skirts are also expected to be popular, championing an A-line silhouette.
- For those who want to reference the trend without showing too much skin, longline bralettes under a blazer with high-waisted trousers can also work.
Overall, the trend of underwear as outerwear is a tricky one to wear, but it offers a romanticized version of shapewear and can add a touch of femininity to any outfit.
14. BOW DETAILS
Bow details are set to be a major fashion trend for spring/summer 2023. Oversized bows are set to be a major trend for summer 2023, as seen on the runways of London Fashion Week.
- Designers like Susan Fang, Richard Quinn, BMUET (TE), Erdem, and Klamby showcased statement bows that are perfect for special occasion wear.
- These bows come in a variety of fabrics, from silks to tulles and cotton, and were incorporated into neck bows, embellishments, and shoulder strap details.
- The trend offers a touch of femininity and a naturally romantic feel, making it a favorite for the warmer months. Whether you prefer a delicate and understated look or a bold and dramatic statement piece, oversized bows are a versatile trend that can be styled to fit any occasion.
- When it comes to wearing bows, there are several styles to look out for. Bow shoulder strap details will give a sculptural twist to dresses, offering feminine dressing for bridesmaid dresses and wedding guest dresses.
- Bow embellishments, from slim ribbon styles to more embroidered or appliqued styles, will add texture to any outfit. Pussybow necklines are another way to incorporate this trend, with chiffon and silky blouses featuring statement necklines that soften tailoring for work and occasion wear looks.
Overall, bows will be a fun and playful addition to any wardrobe for spring/summer 2023, and the bigger the better.
15. BLUE HUES
Blue hues are set to dominate the fashion world in the spring/summer season of 2023, with pastel and baby blue shades taking the lead. This cool and calming color was seen all over the runway at New York and London Fashion Weeks, covering everything from day dresses to evening wear and casual separates.
- Soft blue tones offer a more delicate color palette compared to the popular brights of the season, making it a great option for those who prefer a subtler look.
- Several designers incorporated blue hues into their collections, including Hai, Emilia Wickstead, 16Arlington, and Badgley Mischka. Delicate ruffles, gorgeous floral prints, frothy coats, and beautiful sequined gowns all featured this cool-as-ice shade.
- Icy hues in silky fabrics made for an elegant and subtle take on partywear, while blue floral prints offered a chintzy, retro finish.
- For those looking to incorporate this trend into their wardrobe, eveningwear and florals are great places to start. Delicate silver embellishments, such as fine beadwork, can effortlessly pair with the pastel blue tone for a dressed-up finish, while blue floral prints offer a subtly sweet and retro vibe.
Whether you opt for a full-on blue ensemble or a pop of pastel with your accessories, this trend is sure to make a statement in the 2023 spring/summer season.
16. PINK PERFECTION
The trend of pink perfection is set to continue into the spring/summer season of 2023. Fuchsia, which was the standout hit last year among designer and straight-to-market brands, has returned strongly to the runway.
- From hot pink hues to softer pastel and coral interpretations, pink was spotted in all the major fashion cities. Pink dresses are expected to be the easiest way to inject this trend into your wardrobe.
- Cocktail dress iterations and everyday summer-ready maxi dresses are among the options. Pink suiting and co-ords, which have already made an impact as part of many fall outfits, are also expected to remain popular in trouser and blazer combos.
So, hold onto your key pink buys from the previous season to rock this trend effortlessly.
17. STATEMENT STRIPES
Statement stripes are a timeless trend that never goes out of fashion, and for summer 2023, bold and bright stripes are in vogue. Luisa Spagnoli, Veronica Beard, and Moschino are among the designers who have showcased thicker and louder striped patterns in their collections.
- These bold and multi-colored stripes are perfect for straight-to-market brands, and no color is off-limits. Stripes are versatile and can be incorporated into various pieces of clothing, from androgynous tailoring to simple and low-key pieces.
- Chunky striped t-shirts and lightweight knits are ideal for a more casual look. For the most fashion-forward interpretation, look for thick horizontal stripes in summer dresses.
- A striped summer dress instantly conjures up beach vibes and is perfect for any occasion. For a statement piece, opt for vertically striped trousers, which can instantly elongate the legs.
- Choose a wider-legged silhouette to maximize the bold striped style and a high-waisted silhouette for maximum figure lengthening.
Overall, statement stripes are a perfect trend for the summer months.
18. Minidresses and Skirts
Shorter hemlines are set to dominate the fashion world in the upcoming summer season. According to Rayburn, minidresses, tailored skirts, and skirts with cutouts are expected to be the new trend.
- This means that micro miniskirts will make a comeback and be a popular choice for those looking to make a bold fashion statement. The runways showcased various styles, including A-line miniskirts, pleated skirts, and fitted skirts with cutouts.
- To balance out the short hemlines, designers paired them with longer tops or jackets to create a more sophisticated look.
- When styling a mini dress or skirt, it’s important to consider the occasion and choose the right accessories to elevate the overall outfit.
19. LEATHER LOOKS
Leather is not typically associated with summer fashion, but the trend for leather looks is set to continue into the summer season. To make this trend work for the warmer months, opt for lighter-weight leather or leather-look fabrics in bright colors or pastels.
- Look to designers like Prabal Gurung and Bottega Veneta, who incorporated leather into their summer collections in unexpected ways, such as cut-out details on dresses and skirts, or leather shorts paired with lightweight tops.
- When it comes to leather jackets for summer, choose a cropped or sleeveless style in a light color like white or cream. These jackets can be worn over dresses or paired with denim shorts for a cool, edgy look.
- For leather skirts, consider a midi-length A-line or a flirty mini in a bright hue like yellow or pink. These statement pieces can be dressed up with heels or down with sneakers for a versatile summer look.
Overall, the key to making leather work for summer is to choose lighter fabrics and brighter colors and pair them with lightweight pieces to balance out the heavier feel of the leather.
20. GOTHIC GLAMOUR
Gothic Glamour is a trend that continues to gain popularity, offering a dark and sophisticated extension of the ’90s fashion trends that have dominated this season. This trend focuses on minimalist styles with sheers, slashed, and strappy detailing, and uses a dark palette of black and purple hues. Gothic Glamour was seen at fashion shows from designers such as Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, and Alessandra Rich, and has an ’80s-like aesthetic that’s perfect for evening and party wear, adding a little edge to going-out outfits.
- If you want to incorporate this trend into your accessories, look to the jewelry trends of 2023, which include chokers that nod to both gothic aesthetics and ’90s glamour.
- When it comes to clothing, strappy party dresses with slash and cut-out details are a must-have for summer. These dresses take on the form of the classic slip dress but add a little extra oomph to make them perfect for cocktail parties or other events.
- Cowl necklines are also back in style, and whether you opt for a light cowl neck camisole or a plunging neckline, you can be as daring as you like with this trend.
- Finally, velvet and lace combinations are an ideal way to inject Gothic Glamour into your closet for party-ready attire. Velvet and lace immediately give off a gothic glam vibe and are perfect for summer events
Whether you’re into high-end fashion or prefer more affordable options, incorporating these summer fashion trends into your wardrobe will help keep your style on point this season. So go ahead and have fun experimenting with new looks and incorporating these latest fashion trends into your summer wardrobe.
For more Information Click here…