Rajasthan is a state that covers 342,239 square kilometers located in West India. It is 10.4 percent of India’s entire geographical area and the biggest state in India by measurement and the seventh largest state by population.
Rajasthan is nestled among the Aravalli mountain range and is one of the most popular tourist spots in India. The state served as the seat of the Mewar and Mughal kingdoms before being captured by the British. Rajasthan has a rich cultural and historical background, which draws numerous tourists from India and other countries.
It is home to some of India’s most attractive monuments to visit in Rajasthan. The Indian government has declared most of Rajasthan’s tourist attractions to be protected UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Rajasthan’s vivid culture and historic past, which have fascinated people for years, are accessible to visitors.
1. Jaipur "The Pink City"
The capital of the royal state of Rajasthan is Jaipur, which is also known as the “Pink City.” Jaipur is one of the best places to visit in Rajasthan in the nation and includes the Golden Triangle with Delhi and Agra.
Why Jaipur is the best place to visit in Rajasthan?
- Jaipur was built as a planned city in the 17th century after being dominated by Rajputs for many generations. The pink city of Jaipur has gates decorated with artwork and walls surrounding the old city, which has worked to keep its old-world charm.
- Amer Fort and JantarMantar are two UNESCO World Heritage Sites located in Jaipur, which is also home to many other spectacular forts, palaces, temples, and museums with a plethora of busy local bazaars and where you may buy to your heart’s content.
- The most well-known local foods include the Ghewar, PyaazKachori, and Dal BaatiChurma, and the town is also famous for its cuisine. The largest literary event in Asia and the Jaipur Literary Festival is also held in the city.
- One of India’s major cities, it is also home to the most luxurious and fascinating hotels and resorts.
- The city has ideal rail facilities and road connections and an international airport. Because of this, serves as the entry to Rajasthan which to explore the state’s interior.
- The commuting problem is resolved by the metro, buses, auto rickshaws, shared tuk-tuks, and cabs like Uber and Ola problem in the city quite comfortably
Jodhpur’s architecture and home decor are painted similarly to Jaipur’s. Due to the multiple visual blue structures in the surroundings, Jodhpur is referred to as the “blue city.”
Why Jodhpur is the best place to visit in Rajasthan?
- In addition, the city is home to some of Rajasthan’s best places to visit. The city of Jodhpur belonged to the Marwari Dynasty in the 13th century.
- And also, the city was embellishment with forts and castles from the old Rajput dynasties and their historically important structures have been attractively conserved, making them ideal for history lovers who enjoy a piece of the past.
- The Mehrangarh Fort, Khejarla Fort, UmaidBhawan Palace, Sheesh Mahal, Phool Mahal, ChamundaMataji Temple, Ranisar, JaswantThada and Padmasar Lakes, and other noteworthy Rajasthani sites are located in Jodhpur.
Like Jaipur, Jodhpur has also transport facilities by air and rail connections to the world, so traveling is extremely hassle-free here.
The phrase “Venice of the East” is generally utilized to describe it.
Udaipur is a popular tourist destination in Rajasthan. The phrase “Venice of the East” is commonly used to describe it.
Why Udaipur is the best place to visit in Rajasthan?
- The gorgeous lakes that loop through the city are the main draw for tourists. This city of lakes has a good mixture of blue lakes and green Aravallis slopes to counterbalance its beauty and provide a sense of calm with nature.
- It served as the capital of the Mewarempire in the sixteenth century. The remnants of a glorious past are preserved in historical buildings have MotiMagri, Lake Palace, Jagmandir, Monsoon Palace, Ahar Museum, Jagdish Temple, Saheliyon-ki-Bari, and Bagore-ki-Haveli.
- Also, you can take boat cruises at a few lakes with your friends and family to see one of the best sunset places to visit in Rajasthan.
Udaipur is well connected by air and rail transport with other parts of India and also travels here via roadways from major cities in the country.
Jaisalmer, the “golden city,” is undoubtedly one of the best places to visit in Rajasthan this city is in the golden sands of the Thar Desert and is given a beautiful golden shade by the early and afternoon sun.
Why Jaisalmer is the best place to visit in Rajasthan?
- MaharawalJaisal Singh, a Bhati Rajput king, was in charge of this city when it was founded.
- This Rajasthani tourist destination, which dates back to the 12th century, is home to several golden-colored sandstone buildings that symbolize the unfathomable architectural beauty of Jaisalmer.
- The Jaisalmer Fort, Patwon-Ki-Haveli, Gadisar Lake, Nathmal Ki Haveli, Sand Dunes, BadaBagh, Thar Heritage Museum, and the Jain temples are the best places to visit in Jaisalmer.
- Also, you can take in Rajasthani culture by attending numerous dancing and singing events presented by the locals for tourists.
Jaisalmer railway station is easily available from other parts of Rajasthan and all main Indian cities.
Bikaner is a city founded in the 15th century in the north Indian state of Rajasthan, surrounded by the Thar Desert and east of the border with Pakistan. The town is famous for the Junagarh Fort in the 16th century which has a complex of decorated buildings, and a hall, the Prachina Museum displays classic textiles and royal paintings, and also the Karni Mata Temple is home to rats considered by Hindu devotees.
Why Bikaner is the best place to visit in Rajasthan?
- The Rajput and Jat rulers have been chance over the part for a very long duration.
- Although Bikaner has not had the opulent castles of Jaipur, it has architectural wonders and it is home to many historic structures that were constructed between the 13th and the 15th century.
- The Ganga Singh Museum and the Sadul Singh Museum are only a couple of the museums that are present there.
- Junagarh Fort, Lalgarh Palace, the National Research Center on Camels, the Shri Laxminath Temple, and other attractions are also worth visiting in Bikaner Shri Laxminath Temple, and the Jain Temple.
Bikaner railway station is located near the city, so the best way to reach this destination will be via rail transport.
Pushkar is one of Rajasthan’s pilgrimage sites for Hindus and Sikhs because it has many temples.
Why Pushkar is the best place to visit in Rajasthan?
- Because it is the only place where a Brahma Temple is situated in the world, it attracts visitors from India and other nations. No other place in the world can compare to Pushkar’s Holi festival.
- Rajasthan has best experienced at Pushkar’s annual Camel Fair. Pushkar is peppered with temples honoring Lord Vishnu, Goddess Savitri, and Lord Shiva since it is among the five holiest Dhams for devout Hindus.
Pushkar railway station is located near the city, so the best way to reach this destination will be via rail transport and bus transport.
7. Mount Abu
The only hill place in Rajasthan’s deserts is Mount Abu, which is roosted atop a granite hill in the attractive Aravalli mountain ridges.
Why Mount Abu is the best place to visit in Rajasthan?
- It is covered by lush green vegetation, making it no less than a desert oasis. The renowned Dilwara Jain Temples, for their amazing architecture and shining marble stone statues, are Mount Abu’s main allure.
- There are some other allures in Mount Abu, the Trevor’s Tank, Peace Park, Guru Shikhar, Achalgarh Fort, Nakki Lake, and Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary to attract tourists.
- Some activities in Mount Abu are Prayer at Dilwara Temple, kayaking in Nakki Lake, seeing wildlife at Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary, and Hiking.
- It is also famous for Beautiful scenery, magnificent lakes, opulent temples, rich nature, vegetation, and fauna. Places in Mount Abu. Nakki Lake, Dilwara Temples, Honeymoon Point, Toad Rock, Arbuda Devi Temple, Raghunath Temple, Guru Shikhar, Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary.
Mount Abu railway station is located near the city, so the best way to reach this destination will be via rail transport and bus transport.
Ajmer is a popular best place to visit in Rajasthan because of its spiritual importance.
Why Ajmer is the best place to visit in Rajasthan?
- KhwajaMoinuddin Chishti’s shrine is in Ajmer, and it is tucked away in the Aravalli Mountains. Both Hindu and Muslim devotees often go there.
- Ana Sagar Lake, Akbar’s Palace & Museum, Adhai-din kaJhonpra Mosque, DaulatBagh Garden, Nasiyan Jain Temple, and many other attractions are the other tourist allures in Ajmer.
- You will be warmly welcomed into this magnificent home, which provides peace and solitude unmatched anywhere else.
The NH 48 route connects Jaipur with the city of Ajmer in a short distance.
The Maurya Dynasty, when Chittorgarh or Chittor first occurred.
Why Chittorgarh is the best place to visit in Rajasthan?
- The Sisodiya Rajput Clan of Mewar’s ruler briefly made the city his capital. The Bhakti saint Meera Bai and the Great Ruler MaharanaPratap were born in this mythical city.
- Chittorgarh’s forts and structures are examples of the aesthetic prowess of earlier Indian architects.
- The largest fort in India, Chittorgarh, is famous for its stories about Queen Padmavati, who committed Jawahar. The expansive fort and numerous palaces Rajput empire evoke memorize former grandeur.
- Some other unique places are the Meera Temple, Rana Kumbha Palace, Maha Sati, SathishDeori Temple, GomukhKund, Kalika Mata Temple, etc. attracts tourists.
The Ranthambore Fort and Ranthambore National Park are the two primary allures of Ranthambore.
Why Ranthambore is the best place to visit in Rajasthan?
- You should include an exciting forest safari in Rajasthan’s Ranthambore National Park in your travel plans. A location safari in Ranthambore National Park is famous for wildlife. People travel to see the renowned Bengal Tigers from all over the globe.
- Ranthambore National Park is home to countless animals, like sloth bears, hyenas, tigers, and leopards. One of Rajasthan’s famous locations is the Ranthambore, which was constructed in the tenth century and is home to numerous intriguing, spine-chilling tales.
- Here we can do Vehicle and horseback safaris, hiking, birdwatching, hot air ballooning, praying at the Trinetra Ganesh temple, and ambling through lush areas are all popular activities.
- It is famous for its large tiger population, scenic views, magnificent fort, ancient temples, and ponds.
- Some famous places to visit in Ranthambore are Fort, Ranthambore National Park & Tiger Reserve, Trinetra Ganesh Temple, Kachida, AmreshwarMahadev Temple, etc.
11. Keoladeo National Park
Another wildlife refuge in Rajasthan is Keoladeo National Park, one of the state’s top tourist destinations.
Why Keoladeo National Park is the best place to visit in Rajasthan?
- A sizable bird sanctuary and a former royal game reserve are located there. Almost 350 bird species are protected in a man-made wetland that is part of the Keoladeo National Park.
- After viewing historical places, nature enthusiasts will find this place to be the ideal destination for a day trip.
- The majority of uncommon birds are migratory, therefore wildlife photographers will have plenty of chances to capture them on camera. Officials can arrange safaris for you, or you can simply take a short stroll through the reserve to take in the lush surroundings.
You may visit from Jaipur to Keoladeo National Park via road.
Another beautiful place to visit in Rajasthan that has some gems of classic Indian architecture is Alwar.
Why Alwar is the top place to visit in Rajasthan?
- The magnificent marble pavilions with bases comparing lotuses are a seeing delight. Alwar is home to a museum and has multiple priceless manuscripts.
- The Bhangarh Fort, It is the fourth-most haunted location in the world, is in Alwar. Due to the numerous magical happenings that have been felt and seen in the region, Bhangarh Fort is slowly developing into a popular best place to visit in Rajasthan.
- Even a sign has the government informing that here people not to visit after sunset.
- Bala Fort, Moosi Maharani Ki Chatri, Alwar City Palace, Siliserh Lake Palace, and Alwar Museum are some destinations nearby.
Visitors can visit Alwar by using the NH21 and RJ SH 25 highways to reach the town from Jaipur.
Every tourist’s list of sites to see in Rajasthan includes Kumbhalgarh because of the Kumbhalgarh Fort.
Why Kumbhalgarh is the best place to visit in Rajasthan?
- It includes the Great Wall of India on the western slope of the Aravalli Hills, this fortification was built during the authority of the. Presently, the location is one of India’s many hill forts that is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Kumbhalgarh Fort constructed in the 15th century has seven gates and many Hindu and Jain temples.
- It is a great chance for photographers to get some breathtaking shots of rural Rajasthan. Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary and Ganga Govardhan Museum are two other attractions to visit in the best place of Rajasthan.
You can go by cab from Jaipur to Kumbhalgarh via NH 48 and NH 58 in a single day.
14. Neemrana Fort Palace
Neemrana Fort Palace is a storied resort in Rajasthan. The massive and breathtaking Fort is a must-visit tourist site in Rajasthan.
Why Neemrana Fort Palace is the best place to visit in Rajasthan?
- The resort has a big complex that is densely wooded and carved into the slopes of the Aravalli Hills. The original architecture has been preserved in numerous places. While temporarily dwelling in these beautiful buildings, you can admire them. For your stay, you have a variety of suites and rooms to pick from. Neemrana Fort Palace is the best spot to hang out and spend time with family when you are living together. Neemrana Fort Palace is approachable through NH 48 about three hours from Jaipur.
Mandawa is the best place just 29 km from Jhunjhunu city of Rajasthan, which is part of the Shekhawati area.
Why Mandawa is the best place to visit in Rajasthan?
- Mandawa, which was formerly a historic fort, has been transformed into a luxurious hotel for travelers looking for places to visit in Rajasthan.
- The hotel and the Fort are maintained by Rajasthan tourism because it is protected property. Visitors can relax for the weekend and enjoy Rajasthan’s natural wonders.
Here we conclude our list of the top tourist destinations in Rajasthan, so you can move on to planning your upcoming getaway.
The stunning state of Rajasthan is home to some beautiful examples of traditional Indian architecture. Rajasthan’s natural splendor will transport you to India’s illustrious history as a regal empire. You would need at least 6-7 days in your vacation plan to enjoy a thorough and full tour of Rajasthan. Since Rajasthan has many tourist sites, you would need a longer vacation itinerary to fully explore each city.
For more interesting Information Click here…